Marjorie Harrison Irving died peacefully on January 8, 2017. She was born in Port Jervis, N.Y. on April 6, 1923, the daughter of John and Lillian Harrison.
After graduating from Port Jervis High School in 1941, she worked in New York and New London, Connecticut during the war years. In 1950, she married Dr. William R. Irving of Gloucester. While living in Gloucester, she was involved in a number of community activities, served as a volunteer at the Addison Gilbert Hospital and was a member of the Bass Rocks Golf Club and the Annisquam Yacht Club. After the death of her husband and the matriculation of her children at the University of Virginia, she relocated to Falls Church, Virginia in 1974. Her marriage to Edward A. Terrill ended in divorce. She resided in Raleigh, North Carolina at the time of her death.
She is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, James V. and Cynthia Irving of Arlington, Virginia; her daughter and son-in-law, Elizabeth H. and Lawrence Mathiot of Raleigh, North Carolina and three granddaughters. She was predeceased by her husband, William R. Irving in 1968, by her brothers James and John Harrison and by her sister, Anne H. Fahey.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
Published on  January 13, 2017